Want to cook up a buddha bowl with extra crunch? Roast some chickpeas with your other chosen vegetables and douse with a healthy serve of paprika. My favourite vegetable combinations are capsicum and broccoli, providing rich flavours and fresh bursts of colour. Be sure to include the broccoli stems to optimise taste (in my opinion, these are the tastiest part), reduce waste and pack some extra calcium into your meal. And let’s not forget the creamy peanut dressing… need I say more?
For the bowl:
- 4 cups of cooked chickpeas
- 2 broccoli, chopped
- 2 large capsicums, sliced
- 2 cups brown rice
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1 tsp tamari
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius. Place the chickpeas, broccoli and capsicum onto an oven tray, dust with paprika and grill for 20-25 minutes.
- Bring the brown rice to the boil, then simmer for approximately 25 minutes.
- Heat the peanut butter, soy milk and tamari in a small pan and stir to combine. Take off the heat and add a pinch of chilli flakes.
- Serve the rice into four bowls, top with the grilled vegetables and top with the peanut sauce.