Late last night I decided that I needed an after-dinner snack and made myself a bowl of warm porridge with coconut milk. It was as I was scrubbing the pot that I’d used to make my delicious midnight snack that I thought how much easier it would be to not have to cook the oats and clean the pot afterwards. That’s when I had my epiphany for this morning’s breakfast: overnight oats. So I whipped out the ingredients and had the jar sitting ready in the fridge in under two minutes flat. It’s such an easy breakfast to make, but you can change it up in so many ways depending on your toppings or what you put in the oat mixture to set overnight.
Without any further delay, I present to you a tried and tested recipe for mouth-watering coco-nutty overnight oats. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
- ½ cup oats
- 2/3 cup organic coconut milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ tsp organic vanilla essence
- Shredded coconut
- Dry roasted almonds, sliced
- Diced fruit (I used red d’anjo pear)
- Add the oats, coconut milk, chia seeds and vanilla essence to a jar and stir well.
- Place jar in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, top the oats with your desired toppings.